Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Shawl


Happy Fall!

I finished a fun shawl this month, its Abyssal by Karen and Karyn.  It is basically a feather and fan border pattern, with the body knit in short rows.

I used Cascade Heritage Silk Paints, it is a 85% Merino superwash wool, and 15% mulberry silk, fingering weight.  This was a dream to knit with, so soft and cuddly, but no little stray fibers to get in your eyes.  My cat loved this yarn too!

If I ever knit this again, I would make one change, I would switch to one size smaller circulars when knitting the body.  It lays a bit flat, and I think a smaller needle size would take better advantage of the loft of this yarn.

Just might give this as a Christmas gift.....

6 comments:

prairieinalittlehouse said...

So pretty! I'm in love with knitting shawls lately. I have yet to finish one though.

:)

Merry said...

This one was pretty easy to finish, after the border is done, its just short rows, so easy to pick up and put down. You must finish one, so we can oooh and aaaaahh!

Pothys said...

An Edwardian lady in full dress was a wonder to behold, and her preparations for viewing were awesome.silks saree

Kristina said...

That shawl is beautiful!

 Cha said...

I want to find a crochet pattern for something light and beautiful like this. It's so beautiful!

Merry said...

Charlene go to Ravelry.com, that is where I get most of my knitting patterns, and they have a ton of crochet patterns too!