Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles


I checked out Debbie Macombers Christmas Cookbook from the library.  Just out of curiosity, just to see if maybe there were some good Christmas recipes, cakes, breads etc.  Boy, was I surprised!  I found a recipe for Sesame Peanut Noodles, that is not only super easy, but quite tasty and quick, what a great easy dinner for when you just need something hot quick and delicious.

I am giving you the picture of ingredients, because, well, the actual sauce looks, well, like peanut butter sauce, I didn't have any peanuts or scallions to garnish, so I decided to omit the finished product picture.  Debbie Macomber's book didn't even have a picture!  If you don't have all the ingredient, just omit or improvise, taste and adjust.  It is a bit of a list, but substitue, make it your own!

Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles

Sauce ingredients:

1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c soy sauce
2 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp peeled, chopped, ginger (I cheated and used jarred ginger)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp honey or brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp chili paste

1/2 lb vermicelli, linguine, or asian noodles of your choice
2 green onions, chopped
chopped peanuts, if desired

Cook pasta, rinse and drain, and place in bowl.  In a food processor or blender, process the first eight ingredients, until smooth.  If too thick, add a little more warm water.  Pour over noodles, sprinkle with onions and peanuts if desired.

I only used half the sauce, and I still have some leftover to use on a salad tomorrow!  Or, I have some chicken potstickers in mind that may taste really good with this poured over it.

I am so pleased to have found this recipe, and I hope you enjoy it too.



No comments: