Monday, August 15, 2011

Vintage Tea Pot Basket


I was looking through one of my cookbooks, and it had a chapter on picnics.  One of the picnics was a fall picnic and it had these neat basket that nestled and insulated a tea pot!  I thought how cool!  I didn't know what it was called, didn't know how to search for it.  So time passed and I forgot about it.  Then one day on Ebay, I accidently came across the basket, how I do not know!  Some baskets offered were antique, some vintage, some in good shape and a few in bad.  I finally came across one that was in good shape and affordable, and now its mine.  I just love this precious basket, tea pot and cups. 

Isn't the lining pretty, and everything just nestles so neat and sweet?

I am envisioning meeting my friends in the park on a pretty fall day, stitching, knitting and drinking tea in the autumn sunshine.  Wouldn't that be fun?  Hmmmmm, maybe I should start planning a fall picnic tea party with Kimber and Belinda!

3 comments:

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Oh my gosh, Merry! This is the neatest tea basket! What a great find. We will have to plan that fall picnic tea party!

Kristina said...

I love it!

kakwik said...

That is COOL!