Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Setting a little back

In order to keep my pain from arthritis in check, I'm very careful about portions so I can keep my weight down. So, many nights when I finish cooking dinner, I take a portion out and freeze it. This has proven to be an asset for those nights I don't feel up to standing and cooking a full meal, or when there aren't any leftovers for lunch! The biggest plus has been that it takes away that extra serving I may be tempted to eat, and it keeps me from serving too large a portion. Not just that, but what a treat to have that tasty meal again, without all the work!
Cool down your food completely before freezing, and I don't reheat in the same container I freeze, I tip it out onto a plate. Not everything freezes well, but give your food a try and see how it works.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: