Friday, May 6, 2011

make it yourself - brown bag popcorn

I love popcorn! I love the convenience of microwave popcorn, but too many questionable things inside that bag.
I'm probably the last person on the planet that discovered popping it in a brown paper bag in the microwave. What I like about this is no pan to clean, nothing unpronounceable inside the bag, and I don't burn myself!
So, take a lunch bag,
put a good handful of popcorn kernels in it, about 1/4 cup,
a squirt of canola oil (about 3 tsp), fold down the top loosely,
Cook on high, about 2 minutes, 20 seconds, pull it out when there is more than 2 seconds between pops, and voila! Popcorn!
This will burn easily, just like the commercial kind, but with a bit of practice, you will be a pro!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: