Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Homemade Sloppy Joe Mix

So last night I test drove my homemade sloppy Joe mix and was very pleased! The cool thing about this mix is that it can be adjusted as you go, I don't feel there is a hard and fast recipe for this, as I usually make this with whatever I have on hand anyway. Add, increase, or leave out ingredients as you wish. Makes about one cup of dry mix.

1 tbsp each of:
Dried basil
Italian seasoning
Dehydrated onion
Dehydrated garlic
3 tbsp of cornstarch
2 tbsp sugar

2 tsp each of:
Dry mustard
celery seed, powder, whatever
Chili powder
Paprika
Onion powder
Garlic powder
3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Blend well, keep in airtight container.

To Use:

Brown 1lb of ground meat, pour off grease.
Add 2 tbsp of mix, 1/2 c of water and 1 can of crushed tomatoes, sauce or ketchup.
Simmer 20 minutes, adjust seasonings to taste.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: