Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Twins! Or The birth of my first socks

I finally finished my first pair of socks, no they are not beautiful, but like any new mother, they are the most perfect socks in the world, except for all the mistakes, but I love them anyway!
I used Malabrigo sock yarn in Parisian Nights, and I was taking a toe up-two at a time-magic loop sock class, so these are very very basic. The birthing process was not painful, and I plan to birth many many more. So friends, if I email you with the request to measure your feet, just do it. That certainly won't be the weirdest request I've ever made of you!!
I can't leave replies at the moment, but to address and recap my wheat bread post: the bread was fantastic!! My husband said it was the best wheat bread he ever had, so I think the recipe is a keeper! Thanks Sue for the good advice and lecithin!!
Denise: I purchased my leaf lard and regular lard through my Coop, and was happy to be able to get it from organically raised pigs, but if I didn't have a coop, I would contact a small local pork producer and ask them to let me have or buy it the next time they slaughter. Some producers may just give it to you.
Carol: I've been thinking of you!!! Try the bread recipe, you will love it! Try something new on a regular basis, its very healing!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: