Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cast your bread...

My friend Sue, graciously gave me some soy lecithin and some good tips for baking wheat bread.
She uses the lecithin, vital wheat gluten and citric acid to get lightness and a great rise out of her wheat bread.
I wanted to give it a try, and happened upon this recipe that surprise! It uses all three plus a pinch of ginger too. My husband is anxious to break into it, hopefully it will taste as good as it looks! If you want to try the recipe, here is the link: http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_wheat_bread
I also rendered some leaf lard yesterday. I love rendering lard, I am not sure why? Maybe its because I know what great pies I will make with it, or how good my eggs taste cooked with it! I even tried popping popcorn with it one time! It was just okay, I will stick with corn oil for popcorn :)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

Denise said...

Where do you get your leaf fat? I'm having trouble finding it.

Carol said...

Than bread looks mouth watering! Haven't made bread in forever ...maybe I'll give this a shot if I can find everything I need.