Monday, January 10, 2011

Sprouting

For Christmas, I gave myself an Easy Sprouter, http://www.sprouthouse.com/Easy_Sprout_Sprouter_p/ezsprout.htm and yes it really was easy!
First, and especially, the quality and freshness of homegrown sprouts is head and shoulders above store bought. Mine are crunchy, fresh, and odor free, whereas I suspect the store sprouts were old before they hit the shelves.
I'm snacking on them with Laughing Cow Light garlic and herb cheese spread and fat free saltines. Wow, all I can say is wow.
When I finish this first batch, I will do a post showing how I sprout from beginning to end. Supposedly sprouts are a powerhouse of nutrients, but they are also a way to have fresh greens in winter.
Another favorite is a flatbread sandwich made with sprouts, cucumber, hummus and greek yogurt.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Carol............. said...

Am looking forward to your post describing the "sprouting"!