Friday, January 7, 2011

Running the gauntlet

I've been knitting a lot lately, and many of my latest projects have been fingerless mitts.
I found many patterns on Ravelry, if you knit you must join this community, its pretty darn awesome, if you do join, friend me, I'm Merryone!
Anyway, the blue pair (3rd pair) is a pair I knitted for Belinda, I made the same style but in light green for Kimber. The first pic is made from a lovely yarn called Malabrigo Rios in the color Piedras. Its simply cabled in the round with a stockinette cuff at the top. The second pic is my first cabled project. One of my goals this year was to learn how to knit cables, and I love it! So much detail with minimum effort! I again used a Malabrigo Rios, this time Paris Night, and used the Blue Monday pattern from a link on Ravelry. Did all that in one night, I was afraid to stop and lose my place and momentum. I do need to work on the thumb portion, that's my goal when I knit its mate.
Another goal I can cross off my list, hmmm, what else should I learn?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

Cat Haven Crafts said...

My daughter is a knitter and she loves Ravelry. This fingerless mittens are wonderful!

Carol said...

Love the mitts. I'm a crocheter that on occasions does some knitting. Something maybe I'll work on in the future when things settle down.

Miss Effie said...

Try the fetching mitts ... those are super cute too!!! I too, am hooked on fingerless mitts!

Kristina said...

I made all my girls a pair of fingerless mittens a year a go. I crocheted them vs. knitted them. They are great for horse riding in the cold weather and for typing on a computer in a cold room.