Thursday, December 2, 2010

That time of year...

Its that time of year, making gifts, decorating and trying to keep the focus. I miss my family so much this time of year! I have no family close by, no kids even in laws a hours away. But maybe I wouldn't appreciate or long for them so if they were closer.
I'm giving my good friend Trahvae some homemade liquors this year. He takes good care of my hair, I've yet to get a bad color or cut. Best part? I never have to worry about trying to describe what I want, he thinks about and plans my style before the appointment! He will receive a bottle of coffe liquor that I have been mellowing for a year now, limoncello, pear liquor, and when its ready spiced rum.
Last year for Christmas, my dear, sweet and awesome friend gave me Jam It, Pickle It, Smoke It, and its been my go to book. If. I could have Christmas wishes, one would be that everyone has a friend like Belinda, but I am one of the lucky ones because I do!
So, happy holiday preparation everyone!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

Cat Haven Crafts said...

I will have to pick up this book sometime. You have made me curious to see whats in it. Best Holiday wishes to you!

Merry said...

Same to you dear lady!

Carol said...

Ohhhh those sound like some very delightful Christmas gifts. I love liquors!

Merry said...

I will post my kahlua, lavender and pear liquor recipes. They are amazingly easy, basically one of those set it and forget it for a few weeks things.

Carol said...

Can't wait to give them a try!