Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mitford

I think, now that I am on the fifth book in Jan Karon's Mitford series, I know one reason why I like it so much. This is just one of many: they love to help others. No one grouses about money or what's in it for them (pet peeve in regards to helping), they love to welcome people without complaining about being put out (another pet peeve). No wonder everybody wants to move there!
Oh, and its set in the south, so they cook REAL southern food, not just a bad imitation (okay, last pet peeve for this post).
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

Cat Haven Crafts said...

She is one of my favorite authors ... I just devour her books! I've just finished her latest one, "In the Company of Others." I loved it!. If you're interested here is her website! http://www.mitfordbooks.com/

P.S. If you ever plan a trip to Mitford, Please let me join you!

Cat Haven Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat Haven Crafts said...

P.S. I think I may just treat myself this Christmas and New Year's by having a Jan Karon marathon read - its been ages since I've read the Mitford series so it will seem mostly new to me again. Our church library has all her books and I can keep them out for as long as I want. Thanks for giving me and idea of a present to give myself for Christmas! Mitford is such a nice place to visit you do want to live there!

Merry said...

I am having the best time reading these books! I have the latest one on hold at the library, and I am excited to read it. Its rare that a series is so good book after book after book. And doesn't just make you want to be a better person? Just love 'em! Oh and thanks for the link!

Lady Jane said...

I just love reading Jan Karon... I am on "The Company of Others" right now. I have read all the Mitford novels. I even tried the Orange Marmalade cake and it is super good....Next time I will use a cake mix though, lol... It took a while to make and my family loved it.