Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cinnamon Maple Honey Granola

Working on Christmas basket stuff and tonight was the perfect night to make this granola. Its cold cold cold outside but this made my house warm and it smells so good! One more thing, this isn't exactly healthy, its got lots of butter and sweetness!

Granola

1 stick butter
1/2 c honey
1/2 c real maple syrup
6 c uncooked old fashioned oats, or quick cooking oats
1 c brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 c sliced almonds (I omit)

Melt butter with honey and syrup, set aside.
Mix oats, cinnamon, sugar and almonds, if using.
Blend in butter mixture. Spread in well greased 9 x 13 pan, pack down firmly. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, turn mixture and pack back down, bake 15 min more. Turn out on foil to cool. Break into bite size pieces. Store in air tight container. Makes about 2 1/2 lbs.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

5 comments:

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Hi Mary, This sound yummy. Do you know how long it can be stored for?

Carol............. said...

The recipe sounds great..and healthy. I'll need to make some of this ASAP!

Merry said...

I think it should keep for a few weeks in a cool cupboard or part of your kitchen.
I hope you all do try it, if you want to jazz it up, after it cools, add some dried cranberries and drizzle with melted white chocolate. I'm pretty sure the anti oxidents in the cranberries offset the white chocolate! Have a wonderful holiday ladies!!

Carol said...

SOUNDS YUMMY! Will have to give it a shot for my Christmas party this weekend.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I can hardly wait to dig in to the homemade granola you gave me! I had such a fun day with you and Belinda. Many many thanks for all the handmade treasures, both edible and cloth! Also, your new blog design looks terrific. All those colorful veggies make me pine for spring!