Sunday, November 21, 2010

Olive Bread

I just made a ring of olive bread and remembered I never posted the recipe. So here for your baking pleasure, Olive Bread.

Olive Bread
1 pkg yeast
1 c warm water (110-115)
1/4 c canola/olive oil blend
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 - 3 c flour
3/4 c pitted olives, I used kalamata and brine cured kalamata

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil, sugar, salt and 2 c flour, beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth, 6-8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to cover with oil. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Punch down, roll out to a 16 x 12 rectangle and spread olives evenly all over. Roll up jelly roll style. Pinch seams, I form into a ring, and tuck ends together somehow.
Place seam side down on greased baking sheet and rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Bake at 375, for 20-25 minutes until holen brown. I butter the crust when I take it out of the oven. Let cool at least 30 minutes before eating, and this tastes marvelous even on the second day.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: