Thursday, November 4, 2010

good times, bad times, in between times...

I havent been happy with the status quo. Why? I realized I don't want to be that 50 year old overweight woman going through menopause making the same mistakes over and over again. Although I am not 50, I don't want to start waking up and evolving in the middle of menopause, its going to be hard enough without trying to make life changes.
So I am starting now. I don't want to have to enable people to keep them happy with me or in my life. People, you are put on notice, Step Up or Step Off. The women's groups in Iowa that I have been a part of have a terrible habit of dumbing everything down to the lowest common denomimator. That is not my way of doing things: put yourself out there, rise up. Don't expect me to babysit your way through my life. I want partners in my life adventures, whether its quilting, sewing, home made or whatever. I don't want tag a longs, I want people that I can learn from and be inspired by.
This public opinion was brought to you by one fed up lady.
Please dont take this personally, it doesn't apply to anyone who follows me. Its just a rant, vent and need to express.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for you! Nothing wrong with venting either.

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Good for you, always aim for the highest demoninator!