Monday, November 1, 2010

Best Friends

Friday was spent with the best of people I know, the best of the friends I have. It had to be one of the more perfect days I have spent with my friends, even today, I am still aglow with the awesomeness of that day.

I don't use the term best friend often. One reason is I have had that term held against me, with a huge level of expectation that was impossible to live up to.

For me, best friends is more a category than a position or title. It is the category of stellar, affectionate, reciprocal people that I have in my life. The people that are closer than family, ones I try to give my BEST to, and also ones that have a high degree of tolerance and acceptance for me.
I am fortunate to have a few people like that in my life, and I was lucky enough to spend the day with some of them on Friday. What would have made the day perfect would have been if the fourth leg of our group could have been there, but, that means that we have many more days to plan together to reach our goal!
Belinda, Kimber and Mary are my people, my best people, my best friends, with no other expectation than to just keep being the lovely, wonderful people that they already are.
I am blessed!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: