Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful

My garden didn't really over produce this year, it did alright, I don't believe anyone in this area had an outstanding harvest this summer, but that's how it goes sometimes. Although, I do find myself with a deep profound thankfulness for what I did harvest. We had green beans, pattypan squash, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and lots and lots of basil and other herbs. My garden have me all I needed, when I wanted it.
I purchased a lot of jalapenos from my Coop, and I make bread and butter jalapenos, they are hot! I also canned green tomato and jalapeno relish. I still have peppers left and wondered if my poor tomato plants had enough for me to do another batch. Of course they did, and happily have them up for me. I also needed a red sweet pepper for my relish, and of course, there was one, plus a lot of my own jalapenos to use.
See? What I needed when I wanted! I'm a lucky lucky lady! Its the little things :)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: