Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lemon Thyme Moscato Jelly

You know its a good day when your jellies jell and your jars seal.

I wanted to make wine jelly, and I wanted to make an herb jelly. So I decided to just make an herbal wine jelly. I had a bottle of Moscato and lots of lemon thyme in my garden, it seemed like a good match and it was. I warmed the wine in the microwave and steeped about 2 cups of fresh thyme, for about 2 hours. I strained the mixture and added lemon juice. This turned out a golden green jelly that tasted like liquid honey sunshine. So glad I have another bottle of Moscato as I will definitely be making this again.

Lemon Thyme Moscato Wine Jelly

3 cups of white wine or moscato
2 cups loosely packed lemon thyme
3 TBsp fresh lemon juice
4 cups sugar
3 oz liquid pectin

Warm wine in microwave and steep thyme for about 2 hours. Strain out herbs.
Combine wine, lemon juice and sugar in deep sauce pan. Bring to rolling boil, boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat, stir in pectin. Bring back to rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. Take off heat, skim foam and pour into jars. Place a sprig of thyme into each jar if desired. Seal jars and water process for 10 minutes. Allow to cool. This will not jell hard, and will firm up more as it cools completely.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: