Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kale Soup

I realize I take crappy photos, so luckily for me this soup tasted way better than this photo.

I needed to use up some items in the freezer, and this soup is the result. Amounts aren't important, use what you have!

5 patties homemade breakfast sausage (or polish sausage, etc)

chopped, blanched kale

Chopped leeks, green and white parts

Chopped redwing onions

4 cups homemade chicken broth

1 can great northern beans

Brown sausage, cutting into chunks.
Add onions and cook until soft, then add leeks, cooking until soft. Add kale, sauteeing until limp. Add chicken stock, bring to simmer, add beans, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and simmer until kale is cooked to your liking.

Make this recipe your own, using whatever seasonings you like, a pinch of red pepper flake, chopped garlic, thyme etc. Make a pan of cornbread and pour yourself an iced tea and enjoy!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: